Wednesday, December 7

Opinion Search Contest

I'm opening up a contest. Every time you see reference to speech in opposition to homosexual marriage in Wisconsin that is then interrupted to mean hatred of homosexuals or physical violence against them please let me know. The winner finds the most references. Here is the first one:

"I'm afraid that the things that the proponents of this amendment have been saying will encourage some people to hate gay and lesbian people and same-gendered couples and may even encourage violence against them," said Rev. Curt Anderson

I think both sides can admit that political opinions on this issue have often been misdirected toward violence. To characterize all speech tho in opposition to homosexual marriage as encouraging violence is flat out wrong. It violates core principles of the freedom of speech. I could just as easily say that advocating homosexual marriages causes violence and hatred and I would be just as wrong.

0 Comments: