Monday, March 12

Will you at least die for my right to say it?

For those who reacted (charitably and not so charitably) to my statements about the practice of homosexuality it makes me wonder: Since you wouldn't even give me charity in responding to the issue would you continue to defend my right to say what I believe? Would you defend my right to print an add that said homosexuality was a sin, and that those who practice it should be punished? Remember, they don't even do that in Canada and Sweden anymore. Talk about restricting liberty. I just want to make this clear.

7 Comments:

Lucas said...

Paul Noonan:

What do you mean by "consequences?"

Are you saying that the government should restrict that type of speech? Gag me? Fine me for posting it here on my blog? Send me to prison just for SAYING it? Now that sounds more like Japanese imprisonment camps to me.

PaulNoonan said...

No. The consequences that you incur are from us, through our freedom of speech. I don't want the government to touch you or your blog. The more poeple that read two posts ago, the more people will agree with me. In fact, I think I'll link to it right now...

There's free speech in action.

Lucas said...

Why thank you. At least we have that straight. I can take your "consequences" although I find it ironic that you consider it a "consequence" that I have to read your comments. So long as the debate is clean and we don't go down that uncharitable path I don't find the consequence that tough. ;)

PaulNoonan said...

Not you.

Others.

PaulNoonan said...

http://electriccommentary.blogspot.com/2007/03/i-know-lets-imprison-homosexuals.html

JesusIsJustAlrightWithMe said...

"Since you wouldn't even give me charity in responding to the issue would you continue to defend my right to say what I believe?"

What a stupid question. Of course I would. I believe in the right to free speech as much as I believe in the right to bone whoever you want. Unlike you and the Taliban, I believe in freedom. Paul is right though. Part of my right to free speech is to point out what a psycho you are.

Lucas said...

"Part of my right to free speech is to point out what a psycho you are."

I appreciate your tolerance.