Monday, May 7

Greetings Queen Lizzy!



Etiquette Advice Abounds Amid Queen's Visit

Like the Following:

Should you have the opportunity to meet Queen Elizabeth II during her visit to the U.S., don't panic. Here are some etiquette tips that will see you through the encounter in fine form.


HOW DO I REFER TO THE QUEEN?

As "Your Majesty" on first being introduced and subsequently as "Ma'am."

HOW SHOULD I EAT IN THE PRESENCE OF THE QUEEN?
Gracefully. Don't eat too quickly....When the queen stops eating, so should you.

MAY I SHAKE THE QUEEN'S HAND?
"Try to refrain from vigorously pumping the royal arm; a brief touch is preferred."


Hump. If she or the Brits think she is so stuck to not accept a vigorous handshake, I don't care for her. Not that I cared much for the royal family before, but I think they should just fade away. Let me just warn the queen right now: if I ever met her I would call her Lizzy and give her a hearty pumping handshake. I would respect her but no person, especially a person with no authority needs no formalities.

1 Comment:

Jake said...

Lucas the royalty rules by 'divine right' (kind of like GWB) so you should watch what you say.