Thursday, February 26

Trying to be Kind to kids

Ron Kind attends the Fiscal Responsibility Summit. One vote against some spending would mean more to me than 700 billion summits, but I am encouraged his summits might turn into votes.

“I am pleased President-elect Obama has recognized the need to begin dealing with our long-term fiscal challenges and I look forward to being a part of this summit.... The Economic Recovery Package just signed into law essentially doubled our trillion-dollar 2009 deficit in one-fell-swoop, and we have a projected $57 trillion in unfunded obligations over the next 75 years.

" I appreciate President-elect Obama’s commitment to this issue and I look forward to working with him and his Administration as we decide how to best ensure that future generations are not stuck with our unpaid bills.”



0 Comments: