Thursday, June 18

Around the Web: Website Development

I just created a website for my church Christ the King Lutheran. I again used Joomla to create the website--a CMS I continue to be very impressed with. The biggest part of Joomla is the extensions that you can plug into it. Do not like the editor? Find a plug in that does it. Want to add pictures or a special way to edit the HTML? Again there are thousands of extensions many of them which you can use for free.

For website hosting I used Fatcows. Not only do they provide one of the cheapest plans but they also have top of the line customer support. I had used GoDaddy in the past and was satisfied with their price (not as good as FatCows though) but had troubles with their help and site navigation. Fatcows has a better navigation system and less service advertisements. It is simple, clean, and effective.

I have had a few issues with server speed, but they seem to have addressed those. If you do use Fat cows, please enter my website (www.visitchristtheking.org) in as your referral and I will get a slight discount on my next membership renewal.

3 Comments:

yoSAMite said...

Nice job on the website. I also used Joomla on our churches coffee house - www.holygroundscafe.org

andy said...

In today’s internet savvy world an online presence is a must for any organization weather big or small, but just a mere website of the company wont serve the purpose of reaching out and impressing the target audience, your online presence should leave an impact on the mind of the viewers, and from here comes website designing and development companies of Delhi, search engine optimization and marketing companies of Delhi and internet marketing services providing companies of Delhi in picture. These companies provide end to end solutions for all your website related issues.

anita said...

this is very nice site related to any site.
It solution